02 March 2011

PR 2011: Purely Decadent Coconut Milk "Ice Cream"



Introducing Purely Decadent - Turtle Trails "Ice Cream" - contains: non-dairy caramel sauce and chocolate-coated praline pecans! Mmm.

I have been meaning to try this pint size Vegan (Dairy & Egg-Free) and Gluten-Free frozen dessert for weeks. Finally picked it up today at the local market.  The taste: reminds me of ice shavings.  It's pretty good for an imitation.  The only thing is it doesn't hold well.  Once it's taken out of the freezer, it starts to soften - fast. See pic below:

 



The important stuff:
  • Made with 70% organic ingredients - 
    • Error alert - on my part about the product containing soy -- Thanks to avegangirl, it's gone : )
    • Update! Oh wait...according to the Soy Delicious website (see the nutrition and ingredients tab), this very product contains soy protein and soy lecithin...looks like I was correct after all. Why didn't I just go confirm this on the container?! Go figure. 

I'm looking forward to trying more coconut based desserts this summer when I can truly appreciate this cold decadent treat. I'll be sure to have a spoon and straw handy.  Maybe I'll even blog about the other flavors. Stay tuned and as always, Enjoy!