|Image: The Fragrance Foundation|
The Fragrance Foundation Recognition Awards has become the symbol of excellence around the world -- each year, the foundation celebrates the FiFi awards; the 'Oscars' of the fragrance world. Members of The Fragrance Foundation in addition to trade press vote on an initial ballot. The results of the voting determine the TOP FIVE Men’s and TOP FIVE Women’s 2009 Fragrance introductions in each of the following distribution categories: Luxe, Nouveau Niche, Popular Appeal, Private Label/Direct Sell -- and, a new category introduced this year: Unique Boutique. The description of each category are as follows:
- Luxe - Fragrances sold in specialty and/or department stores.
- Nouveau Niche - Fragrances sold in specialty stores.
- Unique Boutique - Fragrances sold in boutique and specialty stores: category combines men, women, and unisex fragrance finalist.
- Popular Appeal - Fragrances sold in drug and chain stores.
- Private Label/Direct Sell
Now, let's get down to business...
Introducing the WINNERS of the 2010 FiFi Awards:
|Lola Marc Jacobs -- Coty Prestige|
Women’s Popular Appeal
|Halle by Halle Berry -- Coty|
Men’s Popular Appeal
|Seduction in Black, Antonio Banderas -- Puig USA, Inc.|
Women’s Nouveau Niche
|Bond No. 9 Astor Place -- Bond No. 9 New York|
Men’s Nouveau Niche
|Bond No. 9 Brooklyn -- Bond No. 9 New York|
Women’s Private Label/Direct Sell
|Love Rocks -- Victoria's Secret|
Men’s Private Label/Direct Sell
|Patrick Dempsey 2 -- Avon Products, Inc.|
|Tom Ford White Suede -- The Estee Lauder Companies|
CONGRATULATIONS 2010 FIFI AWARD WINNERS!!
- Source: The Fragrance Foundation, established in 1949 by six industry leaders affiliated with Elizabeth Arden, Coty, Guerlain, Helena Rubenstein, Chanel and Parfums Weil.